The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
A Family Emergency - Page 2 Vote_lcapA Family Emergency - Page 2 Voting_barA Family Emergency - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kiara
A Family Emergency - Page 2 Vote_lcapA Family Emergency - Page 2 Voting_barA Family Emergency - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

A Family Emergency

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

A Family Emergency - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Bastain blinked relieved in a way this was a joke, he chuckled to Calixta, his arms wrapped around her again, "Not ta worry Lass, they seem quite normal ta me" he muttered to her very amused by what just occured.

"They got me good ta" he said with a chuckle nodding to Laeticia and Lainey. Despite being remarably like James Bastian had a feeling he would like the other members of Calixta family as well. He did hear laughter was the best medicen, if in abundence why not use?

He thought it took a remarkably strong family to laugh in a time such as this.. Merlin know he couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Calixta Harper
Career: Curse-breaker (Gringott's)

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm

"Good to see you can take a joke," Laeticia told Bastian with a mischievous smile not unlike the one Calixta often wore. She shook his hand firmly while looking hi, up and down. "Hmm, Julia really wasn't exaggerating," she said, raising her eyebrows slightly and wearing an impressed expression.

"Mum!

"I'm still here, darling," came James' sardonic reply from across the room.

"Of course you are," Laeticia continued, ignoring Calixta. "Now. Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself...Bastian, is it?"
Back to top Go down
http://nunshallpass.tumble.com
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Bastian suddenly knew he was on the spot, and he should have expected it... well maybe not, concidering how much of a turn this day was making..

He looked at Calixta, looked around at the family gathered, then figured they wanted something to cheer them up after such a tragity..

"I am a Wizengamot Lawyer.. I appeal the cases infront of the courts, here in England, France and Russia" he said nodded to Lainey who originally said he was a lawyer.. though he wasn't here in that capacity, not by a long short. of course.

He wasn't about to explain about his Ex wife or Annika.. if Calixta wished to let them know she was welcome to.

" Attended Drumstange when I was a Lad.. and used to be an auror before entering this part of the Law enforcement" he explained feeling odd talking about himself, particularyl since he hadn't mentioned the Auror bit to Calixta yet either.

He cleared his throught, "If ya have any questions Mrs. Harper, I'd be glad to answer them" he said hoping he wouldn't regret the offer.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:00 pm

"HA!" Lainey cried triumphantly, making Percy nudge her in the ribs. "Ow..."

Calixta heard Bastian's recital with interest, wondering how he'd choose to introduce himself. She felt he acquitted himself well, although she was surprised at the bit about him having been an Auror. Clearly there was still a lot they still didn't know about each other; she made a mental note that they needed to spend a bit more time talking the next time they met.  Based on what had happened, she'd probably be in town a few more days at least, but as long as the children were here, there was really nothing more that she could do for them, as much as she wanted to stay.

"Of course. Another time -- we'd love to have you over for dinner soon, wouldn't we, James?" Laeticia said, turning towards her husband.

"Of course," James replied congenially, nodding. "Prefeably under better circumstances than this." Calixta groaned inwardly; it wasn't that she didn't want to have Bastian around, and she was certainly pleased that her family seemed to approve of him, but there were still loads of things they had to talk about. Being over at his place, or having him over hers, was one thing, but going to her childhood home was quite another. She'd definitely have to prepare him for such a visit first, if the reactions of previous friends and boyfriends she'd brought over were any indication. 
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Bastian nodded and gave a bow of his head, of course if he were invited he gladly come, even if the thought made him nervouse.

"If you wish Mrs. Harper.. Galdly" he sent a glance to Calixta of course though, if she apprived of the idea, as did he.

He looked to James and nodded in agreement, of course under better and happier curiumstances. Perhaps after the children reovered, he didn't want to think that they wouldn't.. Having them share the same fate as Annika.. no he didn't want to think it.

"When everyone is recovered perhaps?" he asked thinking that might be a happier occassion.

He then started to wonder if he should make his leave soon.. and let the family be. He knew it would be awkward having a stanger around in a time of greiving. he leaned over to Calixta and muttered in her ear "Shale I take my leave lass? or do ya wish for me ta stay?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:37 pm

"Actually, I think I'll be going soon too, I'm about ready to faint of exhaustion." Calixta turned back towards the children and knelt by Innis' bed, gently stroking the girl's long reddish blonde hair.

"They'll get better. As long they're not left alone...the Healers told you that, didn't they?" Percy nodded solemly, looking up at Calixta from his seat. "A father's instinct...I'm glad you didn't ignore it."

"Me too, Cali." There was a slightly awkward silence then, that Laeticia felt necessary to break.

"You should go home and rest, sweetheart. And change your clothes. You too, Percival," she added, turning to her son. "We'll be here as long as you need. You should go shower and head back to talk to the Murphys." Percy nodded, his face darkening in remembrance of what he lost.

"We're gonna go now, then," Calixta announced, slipping her hand into Bastian's. "I'll be back tonight. You know where to find me if....if anything."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Bastian nodded relieved she would go and get some rest, he had no doubt Calixta had been up alnight and likely most of the previous day before that. He would automatically take her home, merlin new she needed. His thought traveled to her brother and wondered if wanted a lift to where ever he was going.

"I can give you a lift to where you need to go, if you want? by portkey?" Bastain offered Percy, he knew what it was like to loose nearly everything.. so he was sympathictic to the man situation. If he could assit he gladly would assist.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:36 pm

"Thank you for the offer, but I was just going to use the Floo Network. You got take care of my sister," Percy replied, clapping Bastian on the back. "And thank you."

Calixta smiled at this interaction between the two; both fairly quiet types, she felt it was a pretty good start. Actually, things had gone really well, considering the situation.

"I'll bring dinner tonight, alright Mum? We'll have it here, obviously. I don't the children alone for a second." Laeticia nodded and gave Calixta and Bastian each a hug and kiss by turn, and then sat next to her husband and began distributing breakfast.

"Get some rest darling, we'll see you later." Calixta nodded and led the way out of the room, feeling a lot less stressed than she had when they'd first arrived. Knowing that she hadn't messed things up was a definitely relief, and she had hope that now that they knew what was wrong, they'd be able to turn it around somehow.

"Thank you so much, Bas," Calixta murmured, slipping her arm around his waist and resting her head against his shoulder. "You didn't have to do any of this, you know. And then meeting my family like that -- must have been...weird. Why are you so good to me?" She punctuated the rhetorical question by leaning forward on tiptoes to place a kiss on his cheek. "You are so wonderful."
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Bastian nodded to Percy, still he sympathized with his situation, but could understand his veiw.

He went with Calixta out of the hospital, he smiled and kissed her back, well what kinda of person would he be if he hadn't offered to help to woman he claimed to love. A right idiot is what he would have been.

"Love ya lass, how can I not do what I can. And I think yar family is remarkable, to be as they are in such a time.. is no small feet Lass" he said honestly rubbing her shoulder one last time before taking out his portkey.

"Ready Lass?"
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Honestly, it seemed much more remarkable to Calixta that Bastian was able to take things in his stride as he did, unflinchingly. Nothing seemed to faze him even in the slightest, except to rouse him to action. It was perhaps a sad commentary on her love life that she'd never dated someone quite so...competent, before.

Despite what he might have said before about his life being in shambles, she just didn't see it. What she did see was a man who had it together, who knew what his priorities were and how to take care of them. And seeing that she was a priority to him -- he'd drop everything at the first sign on her needing him -- made her feel a surge of affection and happiness that made her feel at peace with the situation like nothing else did. Everything would be okay as long as she was with him.

"Without hope, we are nothing. What else can we do, but to hope?" Calixta faced Bastian, and wrapped both arms around his waist, squeezing tight for a moment.

"I'm ready."

Last edited by Calixta Harper on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Bastian took out his portkey, he had a minor chuckle to him self that his port travel bill would notably bigger now a days. His account managers were likely to wonder if it was really him doing this or if his porkey was stolen...

But he had more then just work now, when his family vanished from his life.. he had nothing but work.. after work was done there was nothing.. Now it was different, with Calixta he had reason to not waste his time with nights drinking broading over the past. Granted he hadn't been able to see her as often as he liked.. but he could live with that, life in moderation they say..

He needed Calixta.. he needed something.. someone to live for, other then the ramblings of work.

"Alright Lass.. on 3 aye?" he said holding the key out to take.

"1 2 3"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Family Emergency   A Family Emergency - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Family Emergency
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2