The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Vote_lcapJelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Voting_barJelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Vote_lcapJelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Voting_barJelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Jelly Sea Legs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Cygnus Darrow
Blood Rank: Pureblood
Career: Unspeakable at the Deptartment of Mysteries

Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:46 pm

"Hey, I took Muggle Studies." Cygnus said defensively. "It's just the pictures in the book of what a 'laptop' looks like varies differently from life. I think the books in the class are a little outdated." He muttered.

He straightened up. "I told you already, I haven't a thing against Muggles. In fact I find them all rather interesting. How can they live without magic? I mean it's unimaginable for me. Think about it - well I suppose you don't - but other magical folk should. By our standards what they are doing is impossible, yet they are making it possible." He was smiling now. "It's pretty wicked."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Aileen grinned in spite of herself. He had impressed her. She didn't know if she would use the term wicked to discribe the life of a muggle, but his enthusiasum was cute.

"Well the things we do without magic are easy enough for us right? Brushing our hair, going to the bathroom, kissing...I would assume not only those things, but everything else is easy for them to do. They're used to it, you know?

The waiter returned and Aileen ordered a grilled sandwhich off the menu before returning to Cygnus. "Anyway, enough about them. What about you? Do you work?"
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:02 am

Cygnus ordered some pizza with some mushrooms on top. "I suppose so. But I don't know if I'll be able to survive." He laughed at the image of himself trying to get a laptop to work. "Their technology puzzles me to no end."

"I do work," Cygnus grinned. "We all need to make a living don't we?" In all honestly, Cygnus was actually set for life with the fortune his grandparents had left him and Corvus. Unfortunately Corvus decided that since he was in fact several minutes older than Cygnus, he was well within his rights to take everything. Cygnus could do nothing about it, nor would he if he could. Ever the pacificist, Cygnus didn't see the point of fighting for it if he was more than capable to earn his living with good honest work. It was just money anyway, Corvus could have if all if he wanted. "I work at the ministry, boring old desk job." Not exactly right but the miserable tone that came with it was genuine. "Not exactly my first choice, but hey it pays the rent. And yourself?" Cygnus was quick to change the topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:44 pm

"Daily Prophet." Aileen added, deciding not to go into her journalist details. Wizards usually weren't too keen on learning they were talking with a reporter, even if it was a social call. "I am one of hundreds of paper minions slaving to bring news to wizards like you." She said in her best newscastor voice.
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 7:42 pm

That earned a laugh from Cygnus. "Are you a reporter then?" Cygnus didn't actually know. He was just wondering. First thing one thinks when someone says working for the Daily Prophet is reporter. That would explain her ability to question him easily enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:50 am

"Something like that." Aileen said quickly. "You don't have anything interesting to say that I might make in to a story would you?" She teased. A tease but an offer none the less. Why shouldn't this ministry worker not have a story to tell. Not that it would matter, he would be a fool to tell somebody he just met a story worthy of her kind of news. Besides, for the first time in a long time, Aileen wasn't in this for the scoop. He seemed like a genuinely nice wizard. He captivated her for some strange reason.
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:54 am

"No, no, no at all." Cygnus said quickly enough. "I am not witty enough to say anything note-worthy. I lead a rather boring life. Well unless you count the events of today." He added thoughtfully. 

Then he smiled impishly. "Well if your really pressing for a story, I happen to be a witness to a very interesting event earlier today. What do you think of this: Prophet reporter threw a young boy overboard more on page six?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:57 pm

"Oh, ha, ha." Aileen said dryly. "That's not really news to anybody. My own mother would say my tactlessness is nothing new to write about. Of course me having lunch at an established cafe with a strange wizard would probably give her something to faint about."
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Cygnus looked pleasantly curious. "Why? She doesn't like 'established cafe's or something?" Cygnus leaned in genuinely interested. She was a very interesting witch he thought. Very interesting indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:12 pm

"Oh hates them." Aileen said with a wide smile. "She gets hives when she enters them."

Aileen took another sip of her drink. He was funny, in a very sarcastic British wit sort of way. He was different from the other kind of his gender who seemed to struggle to keep up intellectually.

"And what would your mother say if her lovely magical son was seen in a muggle establishement?"
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Cygnus mirrored her smile at the punchline. Witty, witty - he briefly wondered what house she was in at Hogwarts. At her question though, he had to think about how to answer. He took a long sip of his drink so she wouldn't realise. He wanted to keep the conversation light, yet he didn't exactly want to lie to her right of the bat. He really didn't want to kill the mood but really he couldn't do anything else. He kept his smile - made it slightly apologetic. "Your guess is as good as mine." Vague enough to be truth. He decided to change the topic so they wouldn't dwell. "What house were you in at Hogwarts?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:27 am

"Ravenclaw." Aileen replied. "Is it that obvious?" She laced her fingers together and stared at Cygnus searchingly for a moment. "And I'm going to guess...Gryffinor? A tad over zealous but at the same time, a heart in the right place. Am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm

He tilted his head to one side and smiled. "It's a little bit obvious - you know just a tad." It was mildly teasing.

"More or less," Cygnus nodded. "You are a Ravenclaw. Most wizards and witches cannot seem to guess my house correctly." Mostly hecause they mistake him for his brother, but that wasn't exactly important. He folded his arms. "What gave me away?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:26 pm

"Well you're dashing, which is a Gryffindor thing. And you know that you're dashing which is DEFINITELY a Gryffindor thing." She joked. "You know, Ravenclaws had a slew of Gryffindor related jokes when I was at school. Actually to be honest we had a slew of all other house related jokes. I wont deny we were a tad full of our brains."
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 5:01 am

That earned her a heartily laugh. He put his hand through his hair and gave her his most 'dashing' smile. "Think I'm dashing, do you?"

"Well I wouldn't expect anything less. The Ravenclaw wit is renowned! Why don't you give me a sample?" He sat back ready to defend his house or if it actually was true, laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:06 pm

"Oh I don't remember, it's been years." Aileen said with a bit of a flush. Most of the jokes she remembered were quite rude. "I remember once I oversharpened my pencil and somebody told me to send it over to a Gryffindor, as they could make it dense and dull in a minute."
Back to top Go down
Cygnus Darrow

Cygnus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:14 pm

"Aw," Cygnus scrunch up his face but there was a hint of a smile there. "That's absolutely dreadful. I am insulted that you can't properly insult my house."

"And does it usually take this long for food?" Cygnus looked around. He went from 'could eat' to proper hungry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, it's one of those smucky places were you go for the atmosphere and not the food. Aileen said with an over dramatic eye roll. The only reason I brought you is becuase as a Gryffindor you're all brawn and no brain, didn't think you'd notice."

The server arrived with their food just as she finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jelly Sea Legs   Jelly Sea Legs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jelly Sea Legs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: The World :: Muggle World-
Jump to: