The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Great Minds A Like EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Great Minds A Like EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Great Minds A Like EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Great Minds A Like EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Great Minds A Like EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Great Minds A Like EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Great Minds A Like EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Great Minds A Like EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Great Minds A Like EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Great Minds A Like Vote_lcapGreat Minds A Like Voting_barGreat Minds A Like Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Great Minds A Like Vote_lcapGreat Minds A Like Voting_barGreat Minds A Like Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Great Minds A Like

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 am

Chelsea Quincey was sitting at a table playing a game of cards with other patrons of the in, she of course was still under age so she couldn't drink... well legally anyway plus it didn't really matter to her. The fact she was gambling was merely because one of them said she couldn't do it. When really she was good at playing cards, knew when to bet and when not to and most of the time she was good at calling on a bet.

"An I win!" she cheered with the ever happy smile on her face as she collected her Galleons.

"Well I will be danmed Girly.. ya surprise me" one man muttered looking at her cards. "What do they teach at Hogwarts these days.." he asked indignantly.

Chelsea snickered, "Not Hogwarts..." she said with a smirk.

As Chelsea Collected her winnings and chatted with the ususal patrons of the inn she didn't notice she was being watched...

Darcy Addison was Chelsea's uncle, her mothers brother, but he held little family love for his niece, in his niece he saw a challange to break her..

Chelsea had his gift on mind control.. it was the only reason she wasn't as effected by is invasions as the rest of her family. She mother put up good fights with him be she eventually broke, her husband was very easy.. So now he could do whatever he wanted to Chelsea and her brother and no one was the wiser...

His teenage niece was on to him though and he knew it... and he couldn' have that..

As Chelsea gathered her bag and headed for the exit he cut her off at the door.

"Now now Chelsea, don't leave so soon.. We need to talk" he said motioning to a near by table.

Chelsea paled for a moment and her usual Cheery face vanished into shadow as she folded her arms "What do you want?" she whispered heading to the table anyway, Fighting him in the opened was a bad idea.

"One last offer my dear... War is coming to this world and you will be caught in the middle of it unless you cooperate" it was for her own good he reasoned. It was for everyones own good if they simply stopped the fighting...

"Uncle.. I will never agree to that and you know it, I can fight you mind invasions you can't control me like you do everyone else..." she said knowing she was fighting fire with fire.. Darcy was good at what he did.. it took all her mental power to keep his influence at by..

Darcy nodded, "We will see my dear, one day you will have no choice" he muttered casting a silent spell at her.

Chelsea tensed and strugged to force him out.. She shudded and closed her eyes clunching her fists as if in great pain, but only for a second... that was when Darcy pulled out..

"Do say hello to Dennis for me dear" Darcy muttered and rose.

Chelsea winced a horrible headache carving its way in... just great... Ah well grin and bare it right?...
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:16 am

If it was one thing Kaleb loved more than a packed pub, it was a packed pub on a weekend. A Hogsmeade weekend, in this case, that is. He sat at the bar and took in all the sights, sounds, and smells. Where most of the clientele had glasses, Kaleb drank straight from a bottle. It was a mild drink, and only the very start of his weekend. He laughed at the sight of one of the older guys losing in cards to a young girl. Hufflepuff, it looked like. "Gotta watch those Hufflepuffs, Harvey - More to 'em than meets the eye," he called over to the table, grinning and stretching out on the adjacent bar stool. One denim-covered shin casually crossed the other. There were rips in the knees and his boots were comfortably falling apart. Kaleb's attention shifted once again as Chelsea prepared to leave her table.

It wasn't long before snippets of a conversation broke through his keen, werewolf-enhanced hearing, and Kaleb didn't like the sound of it:

"Now now Chelsea, don't leave so soon..."

"What do you want?"

"One last offer my dear... War is coming to this world and you will be caught in the middle of it unless you cooperate"

"Uncle.. I will never agree to that and you know it --"
Kaleb didn't quite catch the rest due to the noise level in the pub picking up. While not one to be the killjoy of the party, the wizard felt like telling everyone to shut up for two seconds. Brown-blonde eyebrows furrowed as he strained to hear the rest of the conversation.

"Do say hello to Dennis for me dear"

"Shit..." Kaleb muttered darkly into the rim of the beer bottle. He wasn't normally one for gossip and eavesdropping, but what he had overheard sounded serious. With a sigh, the Gryffindor Head of House stood up from his place, left the necessary coin to pay for his drink, and surveyed the direction from which the conversation originated. Sure enough, there was Chelsea - Kaleb thought he recognized the voice, despite the hushed tone - and a wizard that Kaleb didn't like the looks of any which way.

As casual as possible, the werewolf made his way over. It wasn't easy, weaving in and out of patrons and students. And, of course, everyone he walked by wanted their five seconds of chat time with him. If he wasn't in a hurry he would gladly stop and chat with each and everyone there, like he normally did. "Oi, Quincey!" Kaleb roared over the crowd, a wide Cheshire cat-like grin on his face.

"How's it goin' over here?" he asked, trying to sound as casual as he almost looked. If it hadn't been for the mild concern on his face, the torn jeans, worn boots, faded burgundy sweater and gray raggedy hoodie would've pulled it off without a problem.
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:49 pm

Chelsea tensed when her name was called, kinda hoping it was just someone to say hello, but on the other hand she did hope someone overheard what was said.. then someone might believe her on how whacko the man was.. She always liked professor Allaway, despite his gruffy appearance he was a nice teacher and seemed like a nice enough guy.

"P.. Professor, hey yeah everything is fine.." she said unsure if she wanted to sound convincing or not.

Darcy paused at the door glancing back at them for a moment, Chelsea could feel his gaze and looked distinctly uncomfortable,, before he finally left for good.

"...just had bit of argument, My uncle and I don't..... see eye to eye ya see..." she said rubbing the back of her head pushing away the mental drill Darcy was pushing into her skull. "How are you Sir?" she asked half-heartedly trying to change to topic.

Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:30 am

A brown-blonde eyebrow wriggled slightly, Kaleb not entirely certain what to make of the sound and scents he picked up on. Curly hair swayed as the werewolf nodded, focusing on Darcy and his subsequent departure. He wanted to make sure Chelsea was safe before asking questions. Laid-back and carefree though Kaleb was, he also had the common sense to sort out safety and danger.

"Ah, I see... I don't exactly see eye to eye with some of my relatives, either," Kaleb replied. "Thought I overheard him say something about the war..." An abnormal frown flattened his lips.

In an instant Kaleb tacked a proper smile back onto his face. It widened at the question posed to him. "Never better, on a weekend," he grinned. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Minister of Magic

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Chelsea bit her lip about the War thing her uncle mentioned, she wasn't entirely certain about it herself, it worried her though since Darcy wasn't one to say such things needlessly and with the upsurgence of pureblood mania it made her wonder.

"Ah yeah... he's umm really into this whole pureblood thing.. thinks there might be a war over it." Chelsea shook her head to her professor, "Probably just trying to scare me though, no need to worry" she said trying a smile on her face.

She chuckled at the professors answer, " Ya sound like a student when you say that Professor" She said taking a seat up at the counter again. "Guess I am okay now that my.. erm now that Darcy is gone.. Feel like having a drink.." she paused with a blush cause she know how that sounded. "Butterbeer of course" she muttered innocently..
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

Kaleb frowned slightly. He didn't approve of war in any shape or form. However, he wasn't exactly blind to the fact that the biases existed, either. Chelsea's smile made him try to force one of his own, but it looked more like a grimace. "Well, if that is what it really boils down to, consider this: just how many purebloods are left, hm? We'd have 'em outnumbered and outwanded ten to one." To the end of that statement Kaleb added a reassuring wink.

He laughed at Chelsea's observation, taking a seat beside her at the counter. "What can I say? I like weekends. Only obligations I have is to arrange the next lesson, grade a few papers, and tend the animals."

A genuine, sympathetic smile lined his lips when Chelsea once again spoke of her uncle. To her innocent addition, he laughed. "Hey, if you're old enough, have whatever you like. I'm not gonna say anything. Be a bit of a hypocrite if I did..." He downed the remaining liquid in the beer bottle, and set it aside on the counter. "And I'm well aware some of the students, of age and not, manage to sneak it in. I was a student once, too, and that never stopped me," Kaleb chuckled, flagging down the bartender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great Minds A Like Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Minds A Like   Great Minds A Like Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Minds A Like
Page 1 of 1