The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Batteries Not Included EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Batteries Not Included EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Batteries Not Included EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Batteries Not Included EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Batteries Not Included EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Batteries Not Included EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Batteries Not Included EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Batteries Not Included EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Batteries Not Included EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Batteries Not Included Vote_lcapBatteries Not Included Voting_barBatteries Not Included Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Batteries Not Included Vote_lcapBatteries Not Included Voting_barBatteries Not Included Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
September 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Batteries Not Included

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Batteries Not Included Empty
PostSubject: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:45 am

Ethan Wright sat at the front desk, staring intently at the backside of a portable radio. A Hogwarts student had brought it in - in pieces, no less - and claimed they would be by to pick it up the next weekend or as soon as they could get a chance to sneak off. Remembering the latter part of this comment made the wizard smirk. To be a child again...

The radio had come along nicely despite its initially gross state of disrepair. It needed to be completely remade, and thankfully his client had drawn up an approximate idea of what they wanted. Ethan personally thought it probably would've been better if the student had simply purchased a different radio. But who was he to complain? Business was business, after all. Plastic was still easy to come by, and he had extra wiring stockpiled almost ceiling-high. The back room of Dervish and Banges very much resembled a scrap yard, by Ethan's design. Such places were often frequented for spare parts and other bits of interest.

The wizard would have preferred to work on the radio with one of his "gadget-hands", but the fact of the matter was that those devices tended to scare some of the younger clientele that frequented the shop. Ergo he had to put the remaining touches on the radio with a good, old-fashioned set of tools and genuine elbow grease. No big deal. Ethan enjoyed his work to the point that he could, and often did, tinker with and invent gadgets all day.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Elizabeth walked along, window shopping and musing as she drank her coffee, she was thinking about her lesson plan her next class of 7th years for the next day, it was also ravenclaw and slytherins.. ah the smart ones and the smart alecs.. She smirked and shook her head she needed something that would challange all the students. Even her more advanced ones like Lainey Harper who was already well on her way to becoming an animagus, she was impressed with the speed of wich she was getting it. She was certainly working at it with a passion. She wondered it is was the Ravenclaw passion on something else driving her actions.

As she walked along a store caught her eye, Dervish & Banges and there all sorts of interesting looking things in it. She decided to take a break from lesson planning add see if browsing would help the answer come to her.

So she walked in to have a look around, she spotted the clerk seeming to be hard at work fixing what appeared to be a radio. She decided not to disturbe him and simply looked around looking some of the interest. Many of the things looked interesting, half of them she wasn't sure what they were, even though she had seen a great many things in her life and travels.

She looked around not spotting a 'Don't touch' sign and ended up pushing a button on one thing, and a whole domino effect started. Something popped opened which casued something else to fall over and knock something else off the shelf. Liz scrambled to catch it and by some luck she did.. However she missed another thing the fell and it went down with a loud crash.

Liz looked over at the clerk... a gulty expression all over her face... " I swear, casueing mayhem was not my intent" she insisted. However right then whatever she had saved poped opened to, giving her a start.

She looked at it for a moment and back at the Clerk.. "I swear I didn't mean it" she said blushing.. Apparently the store didn't like her.. she scratched the back of her head hoping the clerk had a sence of humor.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Ethan caught the sight of his visitor from the corner of his eye as he placed the final touch on repairing the radio. A nearly-silent sigh of contentment at completing a job well done left his lips. The wizard placed the radio under the counter and turned the tag around so he could properly see the name of its owner: Alonso, Jaina.

While crouched as he was behind the counter, Ethan heard a strange series of noises. Things fell over, some things gave the boing! sound of a metal spring sprung loose, and other such noises of mechanical chaos. A brown eyebrow quirked and slowly Ethan stood. He watched, wide-eyed, at the last few moments of the spectacle, when the witch caught one of the items before it crashed to the floor. Despite the mess, Ethan himself had to smirk and chuckle a little as the device in Elizabeth's clutches snapped open. Inside, a miniature "troop" of mechanical toy soldiers promptly leapt up onto the rim of their container. From there some began to sing, while others danced or performed other acrobatic acts.

"Not to worry," Ethan murmured, gently taking the box of toy soldiers from Liz. He momentarily addressed the mechanical soldiers, "Alright, you lot, get back in there before I put you in the back room. And for Merlin's sake, please stay out of trouble!"

Once they were all in the box Ethan closed the lid and turned again to his visitor. "I assure you, Miss: if this chaos isn't just the tip of the iceberg, then I wouldn't rightly know what to do with meself. And if something breaks..." the wizard gave a little shrug and grinned, "... well, this is a repair shop, after all."

"I'm Ethan Wright, by the way," the wizard smiled, offering his left hand to shake instead of his right.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 pm

Elizabeth blinked at the singing and dancing soldiers, that she was not expecting, thought she sheepishly told herself she should have.

Her eyebrows rose and an amused smile came to her face as The clerk told the toys to go back the there room and stay out of trouble. It actually sounded as if he was talking to a bunch of kids really and she found it funny.

She laughed, "Well that was a unexpected surprise" she said relieved she had not ticked annyone off. wouldn't had been for the first time. " Addmitedly now a very welcome one" she said with a chuckle.

At his comment about the repair shop she had to laugh again " That is a good point, thank you" she said one again greatful he seemed to have a easy going sence of humor.

"Elizabeth Melborne, though most call me Liz, or Lizzie depending on how chipper your feeling. Pleasure to meet you Ethan Wright" she said shaking his hand. " And I apolpgize again I seem to attract choas where ever I go" she said meaning her apology but one could not miss the mischious look on her face, the part of her that liked the chaos.

"This place I am sure is not shot of any of it" she said looking aorund again her hand on her hip and smirk on her face.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

"Likewise... Lizzie," Ethan beamed. Although he'd only just met the witch, she certainly seemed like an 'Elizabeth' to him. "An enchanting name, if I may say so. And, please: simply 'Ethan' would suffice."

The wizard made a noise somewhere between a scoff and a laugh, waving off the apology. "I assure you: it's no trouble. A little chaos now and then actually makes my day considerably more interesting. I've been known to attract a bit of it myself, from time to time," Ethan returned, a mischievous look on his face. He was nearly startled, then delighted, to see a similar countenance come over his visitor as well.

"Not short on that at all. A repair shop without chaos would be rather boring, indeed," Ethan agreed, taking a moment to grin and look around the place. Precarious piles of contraptions that were actually haphazardly stocked upon shelves were nearly everywhere one looked. "If there's anything I can do to help, or if you have questions, I'm at your service."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Elizabeth giggled quirking her eyes at the man, "Why thank you Good Sir" she said with a wink and bow for true old "elizabethian" fashion.

"Pleasure to meet you Ethan" she said raising from her bow with a smirk on her face. She beamed at his comment over chaos. "Well then I am glad I made your day more interesting then" she chirped.

She tilted her head glancing round trying to remember why it was exactly she entered the shop. " Curious thing really.. I think I just entered cause it looked interesting" she said sheepishly. "And hoped it would give me a idea for my transfigurations class.. yeah thats is I think.. hoping for a idea to jump out at me" she said then being silly looked around the walls of gagets as if expecting something to jump out at her.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Ethan chuckled at his new friend's antics and mimicked the bow. "Likewise," he beamed, straightening once again. Although he had only just met this woman, he liked her. Easygoing, playful, and not too serious... ah, yes. Elizabeth was a delightful change of pace from other witches he'd met and observed recently.

He listened, and smiled in delight at her sheepish response. Not many found his little shop interesting unless there was a genuine need for something to be fixed or modified. Fewer still held an interest in items that had a muggle origin - nearly three-quarters or more of his shop's overall contents! "Well, there's plenty here to choose from. But if I might make a personal suggestion...?"

Without waiting for a response, Ethan dug out a vintage-looking box and proceeded to fling open the four latches securing the lid, and lifted the hinged covering. "These little buggers are inexpensive, probably simple enough for transfiguring lessons, and could use a home, if they interest you," he finished. Inside, beyond the dry scent of dust and vague hint of sandalwood, was a large assortment of muggle wind-up toys: fruits and vegetables with faces, almost any animal that could be imagined, several ladybugs, and a few that looked like fake sets of human teeth (some with little feet on the bottom, and some without). It was clear that none of these little toys were brand new - from the occasional peeling eye sticker to splotches of fresh paint and novelty turnkey handles from repeated repairs.

(Reference Pics
http://figure-archive.net/photos/v037/_00126658.jpg
http://rinovelty.com/imagedb/products/_New_Large/JKWUSTE.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iIy0uWUgL.jpg
http://www.monsterproducts.co.uk/Jpeg/wind-up-fruit.jpg )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batteries Not Included   Batteries Not Included Empty

Back to top Go down

Batteries Not Included
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: The World :: England :: Hogsmeade :: Dervish & Banges-
Jump to: