The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Unfounded Blackwood EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Unfounded Blackwood EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Unfounded Blackwood EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Unfounded Blackwood Vote_lcapUnfounded Blackwood Voting_barUnfounded Blackwood Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Unfounded Blackwood Vote_lcapUnfounded Blackwood Voting_barUnfounded Blackwood Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Unfounded Blackwood

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Nighthook

Alexander Nighthook

Unfounded Blackwood Empty
PostSubject: Unfounded Blackwood   Unfounded Blackwood EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:12 am

Jade Blackwood sat at the common room fiddleing with a quill, she had gotten s letter from her father... a moment she had always looked forward to, she had the most odd converstion with Henry, her older brother.. He told they would be meeting "their" father later and she could decide on the date. Now the thing was she wasn't sure what to say into letter. Just state the time..? seemed like at waste.

Pressing her lips together, Jade started to write in her neatest print;

"Dear"

She stopped, not sure what to call him for a moment... but he was her Father.. she grew up hearing about him and how powerful he was... and he seemed interested in meeting her and acknowlage she was his Daughter. So with a quick in take of breath she contined;

"Dear Father,

I hope it is alright I call you that? Mother told much about you I feel I concider you my father already even though we have yet to meet face to face. I hope my appearence has not caused trouble in anyway, Mother was right I have always wanted to meet you and I am glad you feel the same. Henry did exchange words with me about a meeting, though informed me I could choose a date and time on my own. I don't believe he will be attending to be honest.

If it is convienant for you I am for course free of classes on the weekends and perhaps lunch time? I look forward to meeting you Sir, as longly over due as it is.

Thank you,
Sincerly
Jade Blackwood"

Jade rolled it up and sent it away before she changed her mind with a school owl, as she had yet to get one of her own. Jade could not wait for the weekend or his reply, she had not mentioned in her letter but she thought her father like a hero.. and how many little girls got to meet there fabled heros?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Hall
Hogwarts Professor
Gabriel Hall

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Gage Hall
Blood Rank: Muggle-born
Career: [H] Potions Professor

Unfounded Blackwood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unfounded Blackwood   Unfounded Blackwood EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:26 am

*At Durmstrang, sometime after Jade sent off her letter*

In some ways, Donovan wished there was a more effective means of written communication in the magical world. Normally he was a patient man, but this time he was not. The wizard paced in his office - heavy boots surely creating a downward echo for those on the floor below him to hear. The students and staff would soon learn that a pacing Donovan was something they should want to avoid at any cost. He estimated the strength of Juno in comparison to the owl he'd used to send Jade's letter.

Donovan anticipated that Jade's letter likely made it the eve before Henry's, though the school did not typically permit owls until the next morning unless it was urgent. Not hearing a single word back from Henry wasn't what concerned him. It was not having heard back from his long-lost daughter that worried the wizard. Perhaps he was being too hasty about this: after all, how long had it taken him to form his greeting to Jade? It shouldn't be so surprising that a response is taking some well-deserved time and thought.

A tap on the window shook Donovan from his musings. There, at the sill, was a brown tawny owl. The wizard immediately spelled open the window just long enough for the bird to enter. Outside, the air was bitter cold. The owl immediately perched upon the empty stand, a letter tied to its foot. Its more immediate concern, however, was water and food: both of which were found in dishes upon the stand. Donovan's hazel-gray eyes examined the bird, resting their gaze upon the leg tag bearing a Hogwarts crest. Without waiting for the bird to finish Donovan untied the letter.

He then stalked to his desk, letting the bird be. With a sword-shaped letter opener, Donovan slit open the topmost crease in the envelope and deftly pulled out the correspondence from within:

"Dear Father, -- A unrestrained grin crossed Donovan's features.

I hope it is alright I call you that? Mother told much about you I feel I concider you my father already even though we have yet to meet face to face. I hope my appearence has not caused trouble in anyway, Mother was right I have always wanted to meet you and I am glad you feel the same. Henry did exchange words with me about a meeting, though informed me I could choose a date and time on my own. I don't believe he will be attending to be honest.

"To be honest, I anticipated no less..." Donovan muttered at the letter.

If it is convienant for you I am for course free of classes on the weekends and perhaps lunch time? I look forward to meeting you Sir, as longly over due as it is.

Thank you,
Sincerly
Jade Blackwood"

A weekend at lunchtime. Donovan could certainly arrange that. Without even thoroughly thinking about it the wizard grabbed a piece of parchment to compose a reply. Before he could get very far, the door to his office creaked open. "I do not wish to be disturbed at this time," he warned the as-yet unidentified visitor, bordering upon a threatening tone of voice. It must have been a student, for the door instantly snapped shut again and a sheet of parchment slipped under the door. Donovan would get to that later.

Now, back to the letter...:

"My Daughter,

Concern yourself not with Henry. His relationship with me is complicated at best. We shall make an afternoon of my visit without him, if necessary. As for trouble it would do you well to banish that thought, for I see none.

I will write to those in power to arrange special permission for you to venture into Hogsmeade, as I understand only those of Third Year or higher are willingly permitted. I propose we meet at The Three Broomsticks. A booth shall be arranged on the left wall, near the second window. It is possible you may arrive at the establishment before me, but I assure you that I will be there as promised. A Saturday is most convenient, and by my calendar quick to arrive. If you are agreeable to meeting me this soon, then I shall see you soon enough.

Until Saturday,
Your Father"

Much like before, Donovan reached for his usual stock of black envelopes. He put the letter inside after the ink was good and dry, and sealed it with wax. On the front he did not scribe the full address. Instead, he simply wrote the recipient's name: Jade Blackwood. There was a reason for this.

The Hogwarts owl tiredly gazed at Donovan as he stood. Almost as if with a sigh it stretched out its leg for the letter to be secured. Donovan instead brushed the bird's leg down. "We'll be doing something a bit different this time," he told it, and instead encouraged the owl to perch upon his arm. Without even stopping to examine the parchment that had been left for him, Donovan swept out of his office and to the nearest apparition point.

** Hogsmeade **

Donovan and the school owl appeared with a snap at Hogsmeade village. Were the wizard a bit more open, he would have spoken to the bird the entire way to the Three Broomsticks. "Might this be more manageable?" he asked the owl, offering the letter. An obedient hoot escaped the creature before taking the letter and flying home.

The wizard watched for several moments, until he could no longer see the owl, and then made his way to the Three Broomsticks Inn to make the necessary reservations and pen another letter in preparation for the coming weekend.
Back to top Go down

Unfounded Blackwood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Rowling Universe :: Schools :: Hogwarts :: Below Ground Floor :: Dungeons :: Slytherin Common Room-
Jump to: