The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Vote_lcapLa Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Voting_barLa Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Kiara
La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Vote_lcapLa Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Voting_barLa Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ariadne Grey

Ariadne Grey

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Ariadne Grey
Blood Rank: Pureblood
Career: Heiress

La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 pm

To be honest, Ariadne would have voted for Zolnerowich anyway -- if she could be bothered to vote at all, that is. For once, Neris was right; he was the obvious and only choice for someone of their persuasion. She did, however, see the need for Corvus to remain sceptical -- politics could be tricky, and one wrong move could spell disaster. However, she could also clearly see the need for a candidate sympathetic to their cause. They could always Imperiuse someone, but use of a puppet would require a puppet master. Having Vinzent in office could free up Corvus to focus his attentions on other concerns.

"If I may say so without speaking out of turn, Mr. Zolenerowich," she began, with a barely perceptible glance in Neris' direction that no one besides Corvus would likely notice. "Everyone who we ally ourselves with has taken certain measures, as a gesture of good faith, if you will. It might be viewed as unfair if there are any exceptions, even in such a case as yours, where there is a certain amount of celebrity involved. Keeping up morale in times such as these when it seems those of our persuasion are under intense scrutiny is of the utmost importance if we are to win more to our cause."
Back to top Go down
Vinzent Zolnerowich

Vinzent Zolnerowich

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Vinzent Zolnerowich
Career: Politician

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Vinzent slid his eyes back to Neris as she spoke. He glanced briefly in the direction of the rest of the inhabitants of the building just to check, but it seemed despite the volume no one paid any heed. Perhaps their table in addition to being semi-secluded was also enchanted to keep unwanted listeners out. Either that or no one had actually caught what had been said. "It is not the matter of side that concerns me. Personally, seeing mudblood-loving fool compete with a similar mudblood-loving imbecile with a different agenda typically turns me off to voting. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has said 'bah humbug' to the notion of going to the polls," Vinzent explained calmly.

Shrewd sapphires blinked and set themselves upon Corvus next. The smirk on Vinzent's face faded back to a simple line as neutrality took over. He was hardly offended by the hesitance and would likely have considered Corvus a young fool had he not at least considered cautiousness. Assuming Corvus required a sip of wine before continuing onward Vinzent kept silent and waited. "Which is precisely why I don't make promises unless I intend to keep them," Vinzent quipped regarding the pros and cons of words. The statement in itself was a partial lie if he wanted to be brutally honest: if it suited his best interests, or got him what he wanted, Vinzent did it regardless of what 'it' was.

He had been about to ask what sort of requirement would gain Corvus's trust when Ariadne spoke up next. Vinzent nodded and gave a gesture for her to go ahead, listening intently. A light chuckle escaped the wizard. "Of course," Vinzent murmured. "I did not anticipate walking into this without any strings attached. It would certainly reflect poorly upon me to have assumed otherwise."

"What task or favor would be sufficient for to solidify your trust in me?" he inquired lightly, glancing at each in turn to see who would answer first. As he waited the wizard took another sip from his wine. Vinzent had a feeling he could guess what the 'dues' would be. He certainly wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty, or bloody, if that was what it ultimately came to.
Back to top Go down
Neris Greengrass-Boutin

Neris Greengrass-Boutin

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Vinzent's eager willingness to do what was necessary was not a suprise to Neris. In fact, out of the four of them sitting here, she was the most suprised at her own alacrity to perform the muderous deed necessary to become a member of Eden. She had done the deed with Ari's help and had thought about it since only in passing. What was her blood traitor cousin to her but another festering spot on the wizarding world?

Who Zolnerowich would be charged with was a different matter entirely. Would Corvus assign him a family member like he had for Neris? Certianly Vinzent didn't have such a blasphemous family as her own. Neris leaned in a little closer to the table without being aware of doing it. Finding out who the closest muggle or blood traitor to Vinzent was was gossip that Neris didn't want to miss.
Back to top Go down
Corvus Darrow

Corvus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Corvus Darrow
Career: Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 am

Corvus caught the look at Ariadne gave Neris and was amused. Ariadne had been naturally hostile to most woman Corvus had come in contact with but Neris seemed to have a different place in her heart.

"Ah you must know Mr. Zolernowich," Corvus replied when Vinzent had finished. "I too do not make promises I do not intend to keep. The truth is nothing would earn my trust."

"The favour I request would simply show me that you understand the gravity of our cause. As Ms. Grey has said, 'A show of good faith if you will.'" This was probably more important for Vinzent than an ordinary recruit for Vinzent was a powerful man, and has the possibility to become even more powerful. The fact and Vinzent would be for them would be a very agreeable thing.

"The favour in question should be addressed in another time, as it is not exactly suited for dinner talk." It was true, the 'favours' he asks of his future followers were usually gruesome and not necessary fit to discus over food. Manners aside though, Corvus did not think it would be appropriate to discuss the 'favour' in front of the two ladies that sat with them. Each of the task is personal depending on each individual. He would likely discus the manner with Vinzent and himself alone.

"I am very interested in your proposal and I'm sure we can make an arrangement that would benefit both of us."

And with that, Corvus ordered his food.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Grey

Ariadne Grey

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Ariadne Grey
Career: Heiress

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Ariadne quietly did the same, pointing her her wand at the menu and ordering her dish. Laying out her napkin on her lap, she turned to Neris with a smile that did not reach her eyes.

"And what will you be having, Neris? I would be interested to know what a real Frenchwoman order when choosing from the dishes of her father's homeland." She asked the question with a perfectly innocent, friendly air, while inwardly hoping that she was as truly ignorant of French culture as she seemed. Neris struck her as one of those women who, despite their pretensions to the opposite, were really the most common of all Englishwomen at heart. In a word, she found herself far less impressed with her than she was with Vinzent, and indeed wondered what he'd seen in her. Probably what every other man had even seen in her, she supposed.

Back to top Go down
Liesel Stabler

Liesel Stabler

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liesel Stabler
Career: Newly Turned Assassin and Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Dark black stilettos clicked in a calm slow pace through the restaurant, despite their owner being a bit late for a dinner. While Liesel Stabler was usually a fairly punctual witch, an incident at Stabler Manor had caused her to be delayed while she was getting herself ready for the dinner. It seemed she and her sister Berlynn, despite once being the closest set out of all the siblings, were now more prone to arguments rather than conversations lately. The younger witch didn’t approve of Liesel’s recent activities and participation in Vinzent Zolnerowich’s campaign and made no secret of her displeasure, much to Liesel’s annoyance. Understandable, perhaps, considering Berlynn worked for him as well and possibly found it all awkward, but annoying all the same. She had no right to dictate what Liesel could or should do.

Still though, the sisterly bond still remained and as annoyed as Liesel was and would get at her younger sister, deep down, she pitied her redheaded kin. Berlynn, Liesel felt, probably never felt the same passion Liesel did in her fight against the muggleborns, at Vinzent’s side. Berlynn was just a hex catcher, after all, and the redhead knew it. Liesel on the other hand, well… she always felt important. And needed.

Perhaps it was an idea of a dillusioned soul who yearned for comfort, acceptance, and to be desired, but it was a thought nonetheless and one that would follow Liesel to beyond the grave.

Looking at a nearby mirror, Liesel gave her appearance one last check. Her raven hair was curled into a gentle cadence down her back, and she wore a dark violet and black mini corset dress that left little, if anything, to the imagination. A dark smile lit her face and her heartbeat sped up a bit when her emerald orbs spotted the familiar sight of Vinzent seated at a table with a few others she had yet to meet officially, and she immediately made her way over, not bothering to wait for the waiter.

“Sorry, I’m late. I was delayed by unfortunate circumstances.” She explained in her native tongue with a low, smooth drawl to Vinzent batting her long, dark eyelashes at him before turning to the rest of the group. “Hello, I’m Liesel Stabler.”
Back to top Go down
Corvus Darrow

Corvus Darrow

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Corvus Darrow
Career: Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Corvus was quietly enjoying his meal when a new comer arrived. As it was yet another woman, he took the napkin from his lap and stood up.

As she spoke to Vinzent, he looked at her interestedly. He was wondering why Vinzent had come alone. He put one of his most charming smiles in place as she had introduced herself as 'Liesel Stabler'. "Hello, there Ms. Stabler," Corvus gave her a small bow. "I am Corvus Darrow and these are my associates, Miss Neris Greengrass-Boutin and Miss Ariadne Grey." He nodded to each woman respectively as he said their names.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." There was a certain degree of sincerity in his voice.

He held his hand out, expecting Liesel to place hers so he may kiss it in greeting.
Back to top Go down
Vinzent Zolnerowich

Vinzent Zolnerowich

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Vinzent Zolnerowich
Career: Politician

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:44 pm

An ebony eyebrow arched at the frankness from Corvus. Nothing? Hmm. "A wizard nearly after my own heart," murmured Vinzent pensively. There were certain things that earned his trust. Admittedly the person earning it was certainly put through their paces if they weren't, say, long-time friends like he remained with the Stabler family. On some level Vinzent supposed Julian was in some shape or form going through a similar gauntlet of sorts by running errands and adhering to criteria regarding attire.

He nodded at Corvus's elaboration on the required task. To say Vinzent was curious about the details would be the understatement of the week. "Of course," he replied neutrally, giving a brief glance to the ladies present. Whatever it was, if it couldn't be discussed over dinner that basically returned a couple sets of notions in the wizard's mind. Truth be told he personally didn't mind gruesome topics over dinner. But Vinzent wouldn't push the issue. Things seemed to be going in the general direction of the way he wanted them to, so why make a fuss? Plus, he was rather outnumbered three to one.

Where was Liesel? Perhaps he had accidentally given her a piece of incorrect information? No, that didn't seem likely. Vinzent had double-checked everything, crossed his 't's and dotted his 'i's. Finally deciding on what he wanted, Vinzent murmured the items. No sooner had the words left him did the food materialize into his place setting. He had just been about to arrange a napkin in his lap when he heard a familiar clicking noise. It might have sounded ridiculous but he knew the sound of those heels.

Sure enough, Vinzent turned in his seat and there she was. And true to form the witch was absolutely stunning. "Liesel," the wizard uttered and stood. Vinzent pulled a face to match his gesture of waving off the apology. "Not a problem. Glad you could make it," the wizard returned, giving the witch a brief kiss on the cheek in greeting. He would ask into the situation later, in private.

While introductions were being made Vinzent pulled out the chair that was to the right of his own for Liesel.
Back to top Go down
Neris Greengrass-Boutin

Neris Greengrass-Boutin

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Neris gave Liesel a curt nod as she more than obviously sized up the woman who now sat almost directly in front of her at the table. She wanted to know what kind of 'associate' this woman was to Vinzent. If they were sleeping together Neris had lost her only card she had to play with Vinzent. Neris gave a scowl across the table when the new witch wasnt watching.

She returned to her menu, deciding this woudl be her time to remind Vinzent who he should really be paying attention to. She was a part of the group who he was interviewing with after all, even if Neris didn't have much to do with it.

"As I've already announced Ms. Grey, I will be having what our guest is having. I trust Mr. Zolnerowich has impeccable taste despite lacking in French background. I myself am much versed in our choices tonight and must say all but a few agree with my somewhat sensitive palate. Aren't we all lucky?" She laughed and took another sip of wine. "If you're unsure about some of the items I'm sure I can help you with the French." She added with a soft doughy smile Ari's way.
Back to top Go down
Liesel Stabler

Liesel Stabler

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liesel Stabler
Career: Newly Turned Assassin and Bounty Hunter

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 am

The smile on Liesel’s face grew as she accepted the kiss Vinzent bestowed upon her, returning the gesture before sitting down at the offered seat. Curiously, the witch took the moment to glance at the other occupants of the table. She had yet to properly meet any of them as of yet, but knew that was more than likely to change. Though, for better or for worse was at the moment difficult to say as it seemed one of the females was staring at her in a rather peculiar manner as though she was studying her.

As the younger gentleman of the group spoke, any uneasiness Liesel may have had was annihilated, especially when that smile of his came to light. While the witch only had eyes for the man seated next to her, she had to admit this younger wizard was a rather charming fellow. She smiled genuinely in response, placing her hand in his as their pureblood customs demanded before replying, “Likewise. It is a pleasure to meet you all.” Or most of you, at least… The last part was spoken out in thought as her green eyes made contact with those of the table, lingering for a bit longer on the witch introduced as Neris. She arched an eyebrow slightly, almost swearing that the other witch had been scowling at her. Was Liesel missing something?

“I do apologize for my tardiness. Have I missed very much?” she asked the group as she took a menu offered by the waiter and scanned through the offered dishes, recognizing quite a few from the dinners at Beauxbatons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England   La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

La Pomme Interdite ~ A Restaurant in England
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2