The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
Lights Will Guide You Home Vote_lcapLights Will Guide You Home Voting_barLights Will Guide You Home Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Lights Will Guide You Home Vote_lcapLights Will Guide You Home Voting_barLights Will Guide You Home Vote_rcap 
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

Lights Will Guide You Home

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Calixta Harper
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Curse-breaker (Gringott's)

Lights Will Guide You Home Empty
PostSubject: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Calixta had no idea how much time had passed since the team had been ambushed in Malaysia. It could have been weeks, or seconds. The time passed in great leaps and sudden halts as she drifted in an out of consciousness. Sometimes she caught short snatches of conversation before falling under once more -- at first, they were loud and urgent, and then they devolved into quiet murmurs she could barely hear.

---

"We've got two incoming for C.I.I. from Malaysia, ready Dai Llewellyn for intake! Status on both is critical -- two females, 27 and 23, extensive injuries from a manticore -- we'll need a full course of potions and life support for both. They're already in the system in the Gringott's account so pull out their files and alert their next-of-kin. Names are Szczyziel, Katerina and Harper, Calixta."

"Her heart just keeps stopping, sir! --"

"Try to save the arm, if you can. She's so young, don't amputate unless we absolutely have to! --"

"What did you do, Trainee Williams?!"
"I was only following orders, ma'am! Healer Pye told me to remove all personal articles from the patients, and she just started convulsing as soon as I removed the necklace!"
"Then put it back on, halfwit! It clearly has some type of protective spell..."

"Well get someone who can override it, then, because if we don't amputate she'll be dead within the hour. And send someone in for her mother, for Merlin's sake!"

"Where is Cornelius Pye?!"

"I'm so sorry, ma'am. We did everything we could..."
"Someone send a Calming Draught to the Dai Llewellyn Ward, please!"

"No, don't wake her yet! And keep your voice down..."

"What are the odds, then, Healer Pye? I just need to know if she's going to be okay." Calixta would have known that voice anywhere -- it was her mother's, quiet and calm, but she could hear the pain in it. A sigh, restlessly shifting feet.
"Less than twenty percent. She's stable, but not improving."

"I need you to trust me, ma'am."
"Trust you! Look what happened to Katerina!"
"Please, keep your voice down! --"

"There's nothing left to do now but wait. When the potion wears off, she's going to be in for a hell of a wake-up, that's for sure."
"And there's absolutely no other way?"
"None. She is not going to improve any further under sedation. There's no other way."
"Fine then. You'd better be right. Call him in, she'll want him there when she wakes..."

---

The quiet hum of the machines, the soft click of a door closing, and careful footsteps. Heavy glass placed on a wooden surface, accompanied by a very sweet fragrance from somewhere beside her bed. A chair scraping across the floor, towards her bed, and then the sound of leather being pushed down, so very like a soft sigh.

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep, beep beep. Beep beep, beep beep, beep beep beep beep beepbeepbeepbeep...

"She's waking up -- I'll go get her mother, give you two a minute alone..."
Back to top Go down
http://nunshallpass.tumble.com
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Bastian Kiaser
Career: Lawer

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 3:00 am

Bastain Kaiser sat beside her bed, her hand in his and he simply waited for her to finally open her eyes.

Bastain had just gotten off work when a message came for him from St. Mungos, his heart had almost stopped when he read Calixta was seriously injured and fighting for her life in the hospital. He hadn't even remembered how he got to the hospital waiting room demanding to see her and asking if she would be alright. He might have taken portkey or flow.. merlin he might have even called Julian.. it was all a blurr up to this.. Though he did recall threatening a healers life in reguards to Calixta's recovery.. Luckily he had not been thrown out.. He had not left the hospital since he arrived and he antioucly waited for Calixta to awaken.

He had gotten flowers from the gift shop above them, he hoped they brought some hope and life back into the room since that was what it sorely needed, though he had not been the only one many other get well cards and gifts decorated the sides of Calixtas bed.

"Come on Darlin, Can you hear me?" he asked quietly merely stroking her hand not wishing to startle her anymore then he was sure she would be.

Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 am

Bastian's voice was the first thing that made her aware that she was the one they were talking about. Calixta opened her eyes just in time to see the door to the room close. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed a splash of colour, and turned towards the table overflowing with flowers and colourful cards, only to spot something far more interesting.

"Bastian!" she cried out, her voice rough from disuse. It was then that she realised her hand was in his as she jerked her own away, reaching out to him. From somewhere behind her, the frantic beeping of one of the machines was a rather embarrassing indication of how hard her heart began to race; her cheeks flushed in response as she stumbled over her thoughts. There were so many questions, she didn't know where to start.

"How long have I been?..."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Bastain rubbed the side of her arm in a effort to calm her, apart of him largely relieved to hear her voice with such energy.

"Just over a week now Darlin, gave us all quite a scare there for a bit" he said as he picked up a small cup of water to help with her dry throat and brought it over to her. "It is water, had it borught ta help with ya throat." he said softly.

All would be explained to her in due time he knew. For now he was greatful to see her awake and in no imediate pain.

"How do you feel?" he asked quietly, after what she had been through he couldn't imagine she felt all that great, but he had to ask.

Back to top Go down
Julian Kaiser

Julian Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 pm

"I'm so sorry," Calixta apologised, feeling terribly guilty. A whole week...he must have been so worried! If the situation was reversed, she'd have been completely frantic. She accepted the paper cup gratefully, drinking it down quickly.

"Ahh, that's better, thank you," she murmured, stroking his hand reassuringly. "I'm feeling..." It was difficult to describe. Pain was certainly the chief sensation, but at the same time she could feel the pain potions they'd been feeding to her through a needle in her arm. It was more like she could feel a dull, bone-deep aching, but her brain was too heavy and hazy for her to care.

"I feel strange," she said, shrugging. "Not good, but...much better than before. And very glad to see you," she confessed, blushing again. Most of the dreams she could remember had featured Bastian heavily, visions of past happiness and hopes for the future. It made her wonder how long he'd been at her side.

"How long have you been here?"
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:25 am

Bastain shock his head and rubbed his finger over her cheek, "No need to be sorry Darlin, trust me, We are all just glad you pulled through" he said giving her a smile.

"Been here since I got the notice ya were hurt Lass, seven days ago, along with your family, though it was a while before ya were stable enough for visitors other then healers and your Mum" he said remembering in blurrs the torturous time waiting to hear of her condition.

"You have had alot of visitors as ya can see" he said lightly to all the colourful gifts at her bed. "Violet even dropped in yesterday and gave a get well card she painted" he said holding up a card with finger painted flowers and a butterfly. There was even a bear from her co worker Andy who had visited for a few minutes. He had lost his left leg from the attack but recovered quickly for the most part. He had also been the one to volunteer to tell her about Kat, the girl she had come in with who hadn't made it. But one thing at a time, they were all worried about telling her of that so soon after her waking up.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 11:47 am

The whole time. Bastian had been there the whole time Calixta had. Perhaps that one last regret she'd felt back in the jungle, when she was sure she would die, was not that far off; Bastian certainly seemed nothing if not committed to her. Now that she'd made it, it was like being given one last chance at life, and she had no intention of squandering it.

No sooner had she thought about marriage than the door burst open, making Calixta jump slightly as her mother made her way to the bed.

"Mum!" she yelped, her voice scratching the back of her throat slightly.

"Calixta!" Both blondes smiled at each other nervously for a moment, before laughing at how very similar they looked. Laeticia gently brushed passed Bastian on her way towards Calixta for a hug.

"I'm so sorry..."

"I'm just glad you're okay, sweetheart. We were worried absolutely sick, sweetheart." She suddenly hesitated, making Cali's brow furrow in suspicion.

"What's wrong? Am I okay? What happened to Kat and Andy?" Laeticia exchanged a look with Bastian before answering carefully.

"Healer Pye will be in very shortly, to discuss your injuries at length with you. Before you get all worked up about it -- you'll be fine. Fortunately you've always been in very good physical shape, so you haven't suddenly lost a kidney or anything. As to Andy and Kat -- well, Andy told us he wanted to come see you himself when you woke up, so I'll let him talk to you about what happened in the jungle. I'm sure you'll be wanting more visitors than just family once you're better, and your friends are so eager to see you again." Calixta nodded, satisfied with the explanation for now.

"Have Lainey and Percy been by?"

"Of course, Lix -- they're down at the cafeteria with dad at the moment. You're only allowed two visitors at a time," she explained, patting Calixta's hand.

"Oh! Right." She shrugged, smiling at her mother and Bastian sheepishly, when there was a short knock at the door before it opened once more.

"Cornelius!" her mother exclaimed, and the older wizard smiled in quiet a friendly way.

"Hello, Calixta. I'm the Healer in charge of your case, Cornelius Pye. I'd like to talk to you alone for a little while, if you don't mind?" She looked at Bastian, feeling rather reluctant to order him away, but the quicker this was over with, the better, right? Calixta nodded in response, however reluctantly.

"Stay close," she told Bastian quietly, squeezing his hand.
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Bastain swallowed obviously just as reluctant to leave her side now that she had awoken, however he squeezed her hand back and kissed her forehead.

" I will be just out side the door, wild horses couldn't run me away" he said as he mumered in her ear. "Love you"..

He then nodded to the healer and made his leave to the hall way outside Calixta's room. he sighed finding himself worried, relieved and completely exshasted at the same time. He would be so glad when she was out of the hospital.

He rubbed his hand through his hair and almost anciously awaited until healer was done telling her of her injuries.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 am

Laeticia quickly followed Bastian out, leaving Calixta alone with Cornelius Pye. He was a kind looking man, but apparently he had about as much interest in small talk as Calixta did at the moment -- and she appreciated that.

"So, Ms. Harper -- how are you feeling? I mean really." Calixta smiled faintly.

"Really?" The Healer nodded, mirroring her smile back. "I feel bloody terrible," she admitted with a sigh, raising her hand to her head and resting it upon her temple. "It feels like I got run over by the Hogwarts Express."

"That would be the aftereffects of the venom, I expect," Healer Pye replied sympathetically, taking the seat that Bastian had so recently vacated. "Ms. Harper, to be quite frank....you shouldn't be alive." Calixta had no other reaction for this piece of news except to stare uncomprehendingly at Healer Pye.

"W-why not?" she asked in a hoarse whisper.

"Because the amount of venom in your system should have stopped your heart within three minutes. We estimate that it took about a half hour for you to receive the antidote, and yet -- here you are," he said, gesturing with his hand. "The most curious thing happened...can you guess?" he asked. When Calixta merely shook her head in confusion, he continued.

"Your heart did stop. Several times, in fact. And each time, it restarted itself. You can imagine our amazement." She could -- she was, herself, quite amazed and perplexed by this mystery. Healer Pye reached his hand up towards her, grasping the locket she still wore around her throat -- the one Bastian had given to her on her birthday, just a few days before they'd headed out for the jungle.

"A protective enchantment, Ms. Harper. We figured it out when a trainee attempted to remove it shortly after you were admitted. I assume you were unaware of the magical properties of this locket, given your reaction?" Unaware was certainly a word for it, yes. Calixta nodded mutely, still not processing the gravity of the situation. From the sounds of it, Healer Pye was telling her that if it wasn't for Bastian, she'd have died. And she never even had a clue about what the necklace really was. It was so sneaky -- she'd be angry he'd neglected to tell her, if she didn't already owe him her life, so literally.

"Quite an difficult piece of magic, Ms. Harper. Quite an extraordinary piece of jewlery -- you must have very, very good friends."

"It was my boyfriend who gave it to me," she whispered, still obviously stunned. Now it was Healer Pye's turn to look surprised, but he recovered quickly and continued.

"All the same. You're one lucky woman. Aside from the venom, most of your injuries were fairly straightforward to deal with. Let's see here --" He consulted his clipboard now, running through a list that sounded anything but straightforward to Calixta.

"Multiple broken ribs, crushed pelvis, hairline fractures to the skull, a broken leg, and lacerations on the face, chest, and abdomen. Most of these have been fixed already -- the ribs still have quite a bit of bruising, but the leg and injuries to the skull were completely healed by your second complete day here. You probably notice that there's nothing wrong with your face at this point -- slight bruising still visible on your cheekbone, and you'll always have that scar there, because of the venom, but it's barely visible and fortunately it runs along the jawline so it shouldn't worry you considerably." If she'd been in better shape, Calixta would have made a snarky comment, but as Healer Pye was clearly only trying to help -- and had already done so a great deal -- she kept her mouth shut. When she heard his next words, she was glad she hadn't said anything, because it would have made what came next even more unbearable.

"What's worrying us now is how slowly the lacerations on your chest and abdomen have been to heal. It appears that's where you took the brunt of the attack, and therefore the points at which the most venom entered your system. As a result, the pelvis has also been slow to heal, and at this point in time you'll find that you cannot yet walk. We have confidence that you will regain that ability, however..." Healer Pye trailed off his explanation at the pained expression on Calixta's face. Not able to walk? How on earth would she be able to work in this condition? It would take months to get back into fighting shape.

"Ms. Harper, I am so very sorry. The lacerations...ran quite deep. They will heal with time, as the one on your face already has. That wound was much more superficial...the ones on your abdomen will most likely leave a large amount of scar tissue." Calixta nodded, not understanding what he was getting at. Clearly, she'd be out of commission for awhile...why was the scarring any worse than the crushed pelvis? She'd never been particularly vain, and if Bastian loved her enough to get her what was likely an extraordinarily expensive piece of jewlery designed to keep her alive, she doubted he'd care much about a few scars, either.

"It's very....difficult, to have to say to one still so young," Healer Pye sighed, looking even older. "You see, the lacerations to the chest, while just as bad, were taken largely by your ribs, which protected your internal organs in that area. There's nothing wrong with your heart or your lungs, but...you've sustained quite a bit of damage to your uterus."

"Excuse me, my what?" Calixta interjected, blushing furiously.

"Uterus. Erm...I don't know how else to say this, but...if it doesn't heal in the way that we're hoping -- that is, if there are large amounts of scar tissue -- it's highly unlikely that you will ever be able to bear children. I'm so sorry..." The blood drained from Calixta's face as he continued telling her about new advancement in the field -- surrogacy and in vitro fertilisation, and other things from the muggle world which had made their way to the magical. All she could think about was how her mother had always warned her about waiting too long, and how Bastian, who'd already had a daughter, would almost certainly want more children. If she was honest, she'd wanted them as well -- she'd just taken it for granted that she had time, and now it was probably too late.

"I -- I'd like to be alone one, if you don't mind," she announced, in the middle of Healer Pye's rambling, which evidently surprised him, but apart from that he gave no sign he'd taken offense to her rudeness.

"Yes, of course. Would you like me to tell them to give you a bit of privacy?" At her nod, he rose, giving her a reassuring smile as he exited the room, closing the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Bastain stood once again agonizing for the healers to be done, he wasn't much of a fan of healers, but he couldn't well dislike this one as the man had saved the love of his life. But still... he was uneasy when the man came out of Calixta's room and closed the door.

He looked at him for a moment, wondering if he could go back in a see her a bit longer, or if she needed rest he would at least tell her goodnight... After all she was going to be fine right? that was what everyone kept telling him.

"Well? Can I? " he asked motioning to go back to her, he couldn't explain it, this whole ordeal left him very protective for the time being. And what she still had to be told from Andy about what happened to the young woman she came in with.. He reasoned that Calixta risked her life to try and save her co worker, to find out she died anyway.. He wasn't sure how Calixta would take the news.

"If she need rests I will be quick" he assured, after all he wanted nothing to make sure she was alright.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:06 pm

When the healer left the room, Calixta closed her eyes, feeling an overwhelming sadness well up. But the tears never came; she was too devastated to cry. She laid there for perhaps ten minutes before her mother quietly came into the room -- the look on her face told Calixta that she already knew, that she had known before she'd woken up.

"Oh, Lix! I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I'm so sorry..." In the safety of her mother's arms, Calixta was finally able to cry, although the movement hurt her still injured ribs.

"Does he know?"

"Not yet, sweetheart. I thought...I thought maybe you'd want to tell him yourself." The heart monitor registered Calixta's momentary panic, but then she felt relieved. This was not something that he should hear from anyone but her. Calixta straightened up, nodding.

"Please let him in?"

"Of course, sweetheart," Laeticia replied, smoothing out Calixta's hair and wiping her tears. A moment later she closed the door, looking around for Bastian.

"She wants to see you now. I'm going to go down to the cafeteria, give you two some time alone."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Bastain sighed and nodded to Laeticia "Thank ya" he said as he opened the door and went back to Calixta's bedside. Her red eyes gave it away the she had been crying, but he choose not to point it out. Though it was obvious something the doctor told her upset her more then she was before, so that worried him even more so.

"Hey Darlin whats wrong? When the healer told us you wanted to be alone..." he trailed off, needless to tell her he had been worried, with a sigh he gently took her hand.

" I am here for you Darlin" he promised and patianly awaited her to speak.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Calixta lifted her eyes, knowing that there was no use trying to pretend she wasn't upset. Bastian already knew -- it was in the gentle way he spoke, the soft grasp of his hand. The thing was, it would have been so much easier if they'd ever really talked about it before, but they'd only ever hinted awkwardly around it. How could she just come out and tell him that they no longer had a future? It went against every last desire of her heart.

"Bastian. I don't -- I don't know, what it is that you want from me. We've always just...avoided talking about that. But I need to know now. Healer Pye told me about the necklace...how much it must have cost you. And I think I've figured out on my own how much you must truly care for me. But I need you to say it, in no uncertain terms. I need to know what you see happening between the two of us."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Bastain blinked, that was a big question, though he suposed he couldn't blame her after what happened.. So she deserved a honest answer, and after everything they had already been through. he Supposed his answer wouldn't scare her away or make her panic like he feared it would earlier.

"My Honest answer Lass... My hope is to be with you, for as long as you will have me" he answered.

"I want to live life with you Darlin" he said giving her hand a gental squeeze.

The necklace, he hadn't though it would be a big deal at the time he got it, he told the enchanter she was a curse breaker and he wanted something that could help protect her from nasty curses but not interfer in any magical sensitive detection systems. He had been as shocked as all of them when it kept her alive from the effects of the venom, yet likely very relieved.

"And the necklace.. I am sorry I didn't tell you, at the time I didn't think about it.." he said quietly feeling rather stupid for not telling her, but during her birthday he thought had been rather awkward to mention.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Calixta nodded, surprised when tears started welling up once more at his words. Forever. That's what they could have had together, if not for this. Because how could he possibly want her anymore? She closed her eyes in order to make it easier to continue.

"I'm very sorry, Bastian. But I don't think we can have forever anymore."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Bastian looked at her in alarm, whatever he expected that hadn't been it, was she dieing or something, something else wrong with her no one had told him.

"Darlin... Please what is wrong? I love ya, you know that" he said getting up from the chair and carefuly sitting at the side of the bed. "Darlin, please, I... " he wasn't sure what to say, so loved her so he couldn't believe she was telling him they could no longer be.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:20 pm

It was all coming out so wrong...he wasn't supposed to argue. But when he sat beside her, Calixta couldn't resist reaching out to him. She hadn't lied when she told him that he was the only thing that could comfort her. Within the safety of his arms, she allowed herself to cry again -- get it out before she tried to tell him. She needed to make herself absolutely understood.

"Bas, I -- it's all my own fault. If I hadn't used myself as a human shield, there probably wouldn't be any problems. I could have figured some other way to save Kat...Andy managed. And now...Bastian, we never really talked about it, but I always assumed...you wanted children once, why wouldn't you want them again, one day? I can't make that happen for you anymore. I will probably never be able to have children."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:00 am

Bastain took in a breath and closed his eyes for a moment, a million thoughts going through his head, he would be lieing id he hadn't thought about he and Calixta having a child one day and being happy at the thought of it. Calixta would be a wonderful mother, she was kind, briliant and brave. He would have been honoured to be apart of that. She did not deserve not being able to have one..

Yet here they were, her looking the picture of misery.. and him trying not to for her sake. There were many things he could say, but he and words never did connect well and seeing her tearstained and broken face was almost to much, he loved her to much to do or say anything that only hurt her more.

"I am so sorry Darlin' he said perhaps holding her in a protective yet even gentler grasp,

He kissed her forehead for a moment trying to gather the right words to say that were the truth as he knew it.

Then he moved so he could look her in the eyes and she him so she knew he ment every word.

"I love you, When I said I wanted to live life with ya Darlin I ment it, weather one day that meant children or not." he said clearly grasping her hands. "I can't and won't just give up on ya cause of something out of your control" he said hoping this was the right thing to say. After all the scares he went through that week it would be utterly cruel for fate to have her decide to break up with him casue she possibly couldn't have children.

"I want to be at your side Calixta, surely we can get through this aye?" he asked softly.

Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Calixta nodded mutely, a shaky smile trying to make its way through her tears. His reaction was so much more than she had hoped for...was it really possible that he still wanted to be with her? Having Bastian by his side would make dealing with everything so much more bearable, and selfishly, she longed for it. So she didn't put up any more argument to that -- for now. Maybe one day he'd change his mind, but life had dealt her a cruel lesson in the understanding of how very short life is, and she decided she wouldn't wast time second guessing things anymore. But first things first.

"Bastian....I love you too." And she held onto him tightly as she said it, letting the words linger for a long moment before she continued, her voice stronger than before. "I think, though...that we should at least try. Healer Pye said that there's a very small chance that I could...and I want to, I realise that now. I kept waiting and waiting and now I know what I was waiting for was you. And if there's any chance that we can have a future together, and a child -- then I want to take that chance."
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Bastain couldn't help but sigh in relief, for a moment she nearly scared him again he almost lost her again, if only she knew how frantic he had been after he arrived in the hospital and learned that his beloved was in critical condition.. that there was a chance she could die. he had been deserate for news on her getting better and being out of danger. He wouldn't leave her over the fact she couldn't have children, never...

"Then try we will darlin" he assured his hand gently grasping her shoulder, "It would be my honour to rasie a family at your side" again the thought pleasing him, perhaps the idea of them getting married wasn't as far off he thought.. then that made him wonder. What did she intend with her job? he would have asked her but, he knew now was not the best time... it might bring up Katerina. He didn't want to drop that bombshell on her just yet,

"For now lass just relax and heal up some more aye? want me ta get ya anything? or I can just stay here for a bit?" he asked bouting the though abput her work away.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:33 am

"Stay," Calixta replied, wrapping her arms around Bastian and burying her face in his shoulder. Even simply breathing in his scent made her feel better, more steady. After a moment of listening to his heartbeat, she realised from the continuous beeps of the heart monitor that it matched her own, and she looked up at him, smiling.

"Do you really mean...forever?" she asked shyly, blushing faintly as she realised how childish the words sounded. It occurred to her that if he wanted children with her, there were other things that usually went along with that. Things that she was perhaps not so incapable of doing -- like marrying Bastian, for example. The blasted heart monitor broadcasted the accelerated heartbeat that accompanied the thought, making her blush deeper. She turned her face into his shoulder again, both to hide her embarrassment and to help steady her heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Bastian Kaiser

Bastian Kaiser

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 am

Bastain smiled and managed a small chuckle, being the first time he smiled in well over a week. How he had missed her so, "Darlin, I will be with you for as long as you will have me, of that you have my promise" he said as he kissed to top of her head again. He paid not mind to the heard monitor, the changing rythum wasn't threatening, it was sotra funny really one could tell her changing moods, sorta..

"If that will be forever Calixta Harper, then there is your answer" he said bringing her hand up to his lips. It almost felt he was giving her his vows right then... Merlin.. at that moment he was glad wasn't the one wearing a heart monitor.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 1:19 am

The door banged open, startling Calixta. She jumped slightly, and then winced as her ribs were jostled slightly.

"Is everything -- okay?..." the trainee asked, looking at thei pair of them and quickly realising why her monitor had been beeping wildly. "Oh! Erm....yeah then, here," he said awkwardly, walking to the machine and switching the sound off.

"It's still recording your heart activity, but now if anything happens, you'll have to be sure to push the call button, alright?" Calixta nodded obediently, and the Healer retreated, blushing almost as brightly as Calixta. She turned towards Bastian, he hand still grasped in his.

"It'll be forever if I have anything to say about it, Bastian Kaiser," she murmured, practically whispering the words into his collarbone.

Last edited by Calixta Harper on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiara
Admin
Kiara

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Liara Lightle
Career: Minister of Magic

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 am

Bastain let the nurses interuption slide off, they were in a hpspital after all.. likely laugh about it later.

"Then there you have it Lass, I will never leave ya for as long as I can help it" he said this of course taking into account events of life... accidents and things he could not control.

So there he stayed relaxed as he could possibly get at that moment, concidering the news he had just gotten, the possibily of never being about to have children with the woman he loved, but the very fact she was alive calmed his soul. He moved slightly with Calixta still close in his arms to something more comfortable. He hadn't slept in a long time obviously, his worry for her had made him stay awake. Now with her safely in his arms, he could scarsely keep his eyes opened.

((OOC; Thought this might be a good cut to a bit later to Andy? thought it would be to much having Poor Cali get all the bad news just after she wakes up from deaths door. Besides thought it would be cute, Bas falling asleep now that he knows Cali would be alright xD))
Back to top Go down
https://therowlinguniverse.rpg-board.net
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:42 am

The fact that Bastian was now struggling to keep his eyes did not escape Calixta, who was staring at him so intently. He was still the same beautiful man she'd fallen in love with, but up close she could tell he needed a shave and looked like he hadn't slept probably for the whole time she'd been out. She didn't even bother asking, instead, shifting back down onto the bed, and pulling him down with her.

Fortunately, the beds in the rooms that Gringotts paid for were a bit larger than the average hospital bed, and they both were able to fit without too much adjusting. Even being awake for as short as time as she had was exhausting; she really wasn't in any fit state for any more visitors, much as she wanted to see the rest of her family. Hoping that they would forgive her -- and crossing her fingers that the Healers would allow her to do as she wanted, given her state -- Calixta curled up comfortably against Bastian's chest and closed her eyes.

"'m tired. I think we should both rest now," she yawned against his shoulder, sliding one hand up around his neck, coming to a rest in his hair. There must have been an awful lot of pain potion in her system, because falling asleep again in Bastian's arms was faster and easier than dying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lights Will Guide You Home   Lights Will Guide You Home Empty

Back to top Go down

Lights Will Guide You Home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next