The Rowling Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rowling Universe

The world created by JK Rowling for the Harry Potter Books.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» We've all been MIA
A Humble Request EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 am by Calixta Harper

» Amelia Cassidy (WIP)
A Humble Request EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:38 pm by Kiara

» Character Notes
A Humble Request EmptyFri May 02, 2014 5:13 am by Kiara

» Archives- Sept 18 2013
A Humble Request EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm by Kiara

» Comfortable as Nails
A Humble Request EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 am by Gabriel Hall

» Isdolani: Conlang for RP
A Humble Request EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 11:14 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Maalik Szadn Darksteel
A Humble Request EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Anger Management
A Humble Request EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 11:39 pm by Gabriel Hall

» Pending Future Characters
A Humble Request EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am by Kiara

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum
RolePlayGateway Where there is a wand Hogwarts Next Generation
Statistics
We have 37 registered users
The newest registered user is Richard Menard

Our users have posted a total of 3576 messages in 527 subjects
Top posters
Calixta Harper
A Humble Request Vote_lcapA Humble Request Voting_barA Humble Request Vote_rcap 
Kiara
Gabriel Hall
Columba Mars
Alexander Nighthook
Kissofdeath
Julian Kaiser
Ariadne Grey
Bastian Kaiser
Vinzent Zolnerowich
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search Widget

A Humble Request

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Calixta Harper
Blood Rank: Half-Blood
Career: Curse-breaker (Gringott's)

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 pm

It was a shot in the dark, really -- Lainey had no idea whether Liz was willing or even capable of teaching her how to be an animagus. After all, she had no idea if Liz even was an animagus herself. But as her Transfigurations professor, she was the only person Lainey could think to ask.

So she found herself wandering down the first floor corridor in search of Liz's office, after classes had finished for the day. There was a fair chance that she might be in the faculty lounge, but due to the semi-personal nature of the request, she was inclined to try Liz' office first.

Lainey rapped gently at the door, still trying to gather her thoughts as to what she'd say. It was of utmost importance that Liz not figure out why she wanted to become an animagus, and she feared that her chosen form might do just that. Her strategy was to appear as undecided as possible, not naming the animal directly. Something canine, she'd say at first -- she'd always loved dogs, desperately wanted one as a child -- anything that would make divert suspicion away from her true intentions. It wasn't lying, exactly -- at least, that's what she told herself.
Back to top Go down
http://nunshallpass.tumble.com
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 am

Elizabeth took off her turned from the wall she was writing magical notes on with her wand, she was studing for a her own defence against the dark arts exam the next week and looking over large floating words made studing more interesting for her any.

So she had a visitor, no matter she need a break anyway.

"Come on in, doors opened" she said causually while placing a bookmark in her text.

Her office was interesting or at least she thought so, there were paintings in the walls from all over the world, as well as other artifacts both magical and muggle. She had plants along the walls and even had afew hanging from the ceiling. Her Cat loved to hide in them and pounce at anything that came close.

Her office looked it could have been converted to a shrin it was artful.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Nervously, Lainey turned the knob to the office and pushed it open, not knowing what to expect. She stared open-mouthed at the number of paintings and plants adorning nearly every inch of available space; the effect was of that of some kind of pagan temple, perhaps -- very serene and beautiful.

"Professor -- erm, Liz? If you're not too busy, I had a question -- well, a series of them, I suppose," she started falteringly, not quite knowing where to look. There was just so much to look at! She realised some of the paintings must have been Muggle, because they remained motionless -- somehow, this made her a little more comfortable. They had something in common, at least.

"I was actually wondering if you would mind terribly, giving me lessons? I'd really like to be an animagus, and I know that I need to be taught by someone certified themselves, but I don't know anyone who is. I was hoping you might be able, or at least direct me to someone who can?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 am

Elizabeth smiled at the question, hardly surprised at the question, she had been asked something similar by a over enthusastic first year. She glently dashed his dreams of it for now though...

"Hmm perhaps" she answered at first. Vaguely remembering the girl from her 7th year class, a Ravenclaw, got impressive marks. She had potentail if she was turely interested.

"Have a seat dear" she said transfiguring a plant into a chair and motioning sit.

"I am a registered animagus, and being a teacher already, I will supervise, but only if you really want this. It will require extra study and practice.. take up more of limited amount of free time I am sure you have " she cautioned, having had willing students before but having them bail out when it became to overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:15 am

Lainey took the seat offered, scarcely even registering that it had been a plant only a few moments earlier. She was too distracted trying to figure out how to get Liz to agree to the lessons.

"I know it will be difficult, but I'm nothing if not up for the challenge," she assured Liz with a faint smile. "I've always wanted to learn, and this is probably my last chance."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Elizabeth smiled again looking like she was concidering it, when really she had already agreed. If the girl really wanted to learn then why not?

"Alright dear I will teach you how to do it" she nodding in agreement. and she went over to a large book self. " I will do practical lessons with you, but it will help to read up on it. This book was given to me by my own professor when I was taking my masters class. I can garentee the library doesn't have it. it is basically a very detail how to guide.. it will help I promise" she said handing her the thick book.

"Now if you will forgive me, I am horrible with names, I remember you from class, but your name escapes me." she said sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Grey

Ariadne Grey

Wizarding ID Card
Name: Ariadne Grey
Blood Rank: Pureblood
Career: Heiress

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Lainey glanced down at the heavy tome in her hands, simply titled "The Essential Animagus". She wondered how long exactly it would take for her to read the entire thing -- at least a week, surely, with quidditch practice and covert nighttime trips to the Room of Requirement with Lex to brew his potions. In comparison with her thoughts, the simplicity of Liz's question cause Lainey by surprise.

"Oh! Erm, it's Melania Harper, ma'am, but everyone just calls me Lainey. Or Harper, on the quidditch pitch," she amended with a smile. "I am quite fond of flying...I wonder if my animagus will take the form of some type of bird. Is there a chapter in here about animagus forms?" she asked lightly, the thought suddenly occurring to her that perhaps simply wanting to have a wolf animagus wasn't any assurance that she would be. Of course Lainey really had no say in the matter, and it was of no importance -- simply being in an animal form of some kind would be enough to ensure her safety during Alex's transformations. But his little explanation of the "pack" mentality made her want to actually be -- well part of his "pack". Taking a wolf form would be the closest thing she'd be able to get to understanding what exactly that bond felt like and meant.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:13 am

Liz chuckled, " Well Lainey Harper, I think we will get along just fine" she said with a nod as she glanced at the book in Lainey's hands. "You bet, thats the first chapter, and that it what I will help with right now of you want? Can't really start anything until you know what your form is." she explained.

"You might be a bird, you might not, it isn't your likes that that solely define what your form is, your form chooses you. Now it may sound silly, but to find your form you will need to meditate... or shale I say enter a type of trance. If you are sucessful your form will be revealed to you before you leave. That will be the easy part" Liz said with a laugh.

She was a Fox animagus, she liked it good enough, it was seen as a smart, indepandant and cunning animal.. yet not big or overbearing.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Grey

Ariadne Grey

Wizarding ID Card

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Lainey grinned at the comment; being friends with a professor could certainly have its benefits, besides which Liz did seem pretty cool regardless. After all, she was nice enough to help teach her to be an animagus, so why not?

"Right now?" she echoed in surprise, looking back down at the book in her hands and flipping to the first chapter, which was indeed on forms. "I, erm...I've never really meditated, before?" she admitted sheepishly, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Elizabeth snickered, " First time for everything dear, it won't hurt, now leave the book alone a moment, you need to know your form before it will be any good to you anyway. Don't worry this will be much easier in later lessons, it is like flying a broom once you learn it is a sinch."

"Now it is a bit funny to explain this but bare with me okay, it will make sence in a few moments. Just try to clear you mind and say this spell" she said writing the spell into the air.

"It will help focus on your form" she with a smile leaning backward on the front of her desk.
Back to top Go down
Ariadne Grey

Ariadne Grey

Wizarding ID Card

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Blushing slightly, Lainey closed the book and set it aside. Hoping that it would help clear her mind, she memorized the spell and then closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths and thinking it to herself before finally saying it out loud. After a few seconds, nothing seemed to have happened, and so Lainey reopened her eyes, looking at Liz sheepishly.

"Ah...how will I know when I've done it right?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Melborne

Elizabeth Melborne

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 am

Elizabeth smirked, "When you are positive you know what your form is" she answered. Then she seemed to think for a moment. "Don't think about the spell, it will only work while in the right state of mind." she said now looking like she was getting comfortable her self and sitting on her desk and moving some papers out of the way.

"Like any spell it doesn't work by simply saying it, let your self relax, be in that zone.. erm lets see your a quidditch player...um like they feeling you get just a moment before you know you've caught the snitch, or anything puts you in that perfect zone, then just say it, it will summon your form to you" she said trying and hoping this helped. Maybe she should have said this was the hardest part at first..
Back to top Go down
Calixta Harper
Sangreal Member
Calixta Harper

Wizarding ID Card

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Lainey nodded and closed her eyes again, trying to do as Liz said. Perhaps at another time in her life, the whole quidditch analogy would work as something more than an example, but at the moment it was far too full of stress and anxiety to help her relax at all. Instead, she thought of a far more recent example of times when she was able to let go fully; without having to consciously direct her thoughts, the image of a cauldron simmering over a cheerful fire came to mind, making her smile faintly.

She'd never known it was possible to be so relaxed in the company of a male. Most often Lainey was terribly awkward around boys, but Alex was different. He'd made the first move, revealing his vulnerabilities to her, and that made it possible for her to open up. The time they spent together in the Room of Requirement, brewing Wolfsbane and inventing things and talking, always talking -- about everything and nothing at all -- it was by far the most relaxing state of mind she could find herself in.

With the memory firmly planted at the forefront of her thoughts, she once again turned to the task of reciting the spell. This time, the result was instantaneous, although she was immediately plunged into doubt; surely it couldn't be? Liz said it was impossible to pick one's own animagus, and yet direct evidence to the contrary now hung in front of Lainey's dazzled eyes. Once they fluttered open, she saw that the image of the wolf that had sprung to her mind still hung in the air, a smoky shape quickly fading.

"A wolf?" she questioned, needing verification. Pleased as she was, she was also quite confused at having gotten her way so easily -- it seemed too great a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Humble Request Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Humble Request   A Humble Request Empty

Back to top Go down

A Humble Request
Page 1 of 1